Chapter 34 | Emotional Exchange

He tapped his fingers along the mug— his gaze uneasy

"Luna is your other half," he explained. "Pau... I can't believe I have to explain this to you."
[God...]

A frown downturned her lips as she rubbed his bicep, "I'm sorry," She cast her eyes to the floor, "You don't have to tell me if you don't—"

"It's not that." He interrupted.

Ullr shifted his entire body to face her. With their proximity— her face was practically shoved into his chest. His warmth and radiating scent, cedar and a warm campfire, rushed through her senses like a waterfalling fog.

Delicately putting his half-full mug on the counter, his hands rushed to palm her hips.

"I met you with Luna," He told her, "She's... She's my girl—" His eyes started blinking rapidly as he looked away, "O llú lá heihá..."
[You're my girls...]

She grabbed either side of his face, her eyebrows curving upward, "Oh, Ullr..."

All of a sudden, his arms were circling her body, and she was squished against him. His face nestled into the crevice of her neck— his hot breath fanning against her soft skin.

"Lá ngeiam he náfu," He whispered against her neck, "lá had ha gó he llú hú́regáze's kö the gahvo e lú ri úears..."
[I was so alone,] - [I watched so many werebears die over the span of 100 years.]

His voice was breaking, the rumbly baritone barely able to mutter out his thoughts as his breathing became erratic.

Making her gasp— Ullr would drop to his knees with her still in his arms.

She slid down onto his lap, slightly adjusting her legs to be comfortable, as she moved her arms around his torso to start rubbing circles against his muscular back. His heartbeat rattled in his chest— thundering against her eardrum.
Every breath he took was quick and uneven. Although his shoulders were as large as a mountain, they trembled as they crumbled. His muscular arms dwarfed her more petite body, holding her in a powerful embrace.

"Kádú́ did o ú?" He muttered, "O ngeiú za..."
[Where did you go?] - [You left me...]

His shaky words struck her with a memory.

"Do you think it's ironic that we fell in love?" She asked with a slight giggle.

They were speaking in an ancient language— Old Alegic if she remembered correctly. It's now a dead language, but remnants of it are engrained in Liúkan.

He was lying on his back on the grass. They had just finished planting hundreds of white lilies in a field.

The field where they first laid eyes on each other.