24: compliments

just call me beautiful again 

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"what!? What does that mean?" Jungkook pulled off the breaks in the middle of the road. It was good that it was only their car on the road as far as they could see.

"Why are you going there then?" Jungkook asked again. Taehyung bit his lips before turning to Jungkook. "he is not there yet, I messed a bit" he said scratching his nape.

"explain!" Jungkook demanded, he crossed his arms on his chest and also turned on the chair to Taehyung. Both were now facing each other, one leg folded over the seat to turn properly and the other hanging off, resting on the car floor.

Taehyung gulped explaining "its like, I had an idea Jimin will be at Busan on the weekends which started today and will leave on Monday, But he is still to arrive, his flight will reach there on Sunday evening, which is tomorrow, he will be there for a week and leave next weekend" Taehyung said and hanged his head low.

Jungkook realized but more questions popped in. "then why did you ask me to bring you Busan this early. You could've easily managed to take the next flight." Jungkook said, it not like he regrated coming with Taehyung or taking it as a heavily weighted work but still he wanted some answers.

"I didn't know about it, the counter lady at the airport said that the next flight was on next Friday and at that time I didn't know about it. I thought Jimin was about to leave in a day or two so I just went with you." He said again, not meeting Jungkook's eyes and a pout could easily be heard.

Jungkook didn't say anything and this made Taehyung want to explain more. "remember when we stopped at my parents café and a call came, it was from yoongi and he told me about it, else I was totally unknown, and because we started the journey and I also found you interesting and pretty, so I decided to go with a long car ride than a short boring fly to Busan. see jungkook, I didn't know, I did not mean to force you, I didn't even know about your terms I was just selfish, I worry about it, I am sorry about not telling yo-" taehyung came to a pause from his grabbling when Jungkook held him by shoulders. He made him sit straight and looked into his sad guilt-filled eyes.

"It's okay, I said it earlier also, It's okay, I'm enjoying this. And I'm gonna ignore the fact that you knew about the arrival of Jimin when we just started the drive and could have stopped there but because you complimented me also, So forget about it, I'll take you to Busan" Jungkook said looking deep in his eyes, there faces half a meter apart.

He passed a small smile to Taehyung who returned it with his full heart fluttering box smile. Both went back to their seats, now their backs pressed to them. A smirk started to rise taehyung's lips and he spoke. "so you like compliments, pretty bunny boy."

"Oh shut up!" Jungkook threw his hands in the air and looked away, looking out of the window to hide his obvious blush.

But Taehyung didn't stop, "why ain't my baby looking at me, Huh?" Taehyung flirted and Jungkook didn't pay attention and started the car, he started to drive at the edge of the road, ignoring Taehyung's stare and smirk.

"I asked you to not drive and find a place to stay" Taehyung shook his head at the disobedient boy and pulled his phone out "let me see if there is any place nearby," he said and tapped on his phone.

Soon Taehyung was struck with no signals on his phone. No network and nothing so far on the road, no sign of civilization.

"Jungkook my network is not working," Taehyung said, terrified. "what do we do now? No towers are here." he said

"then we should keep driving right?" Jungkook said.

Taehyung immediately denied. "no! I said we will rest so we will rest. I have lots of free time." Taehyung said "just stop at the roadside! I don't mind! But we are not driving at night" Taehyung commanded in his deep voice.

Jungkook nodded in tiny and spotted an empty grassy area down beside the road, seem free to park a car. He could feel that taehyung was furious right now, he should have listened to him in one go.

He pulled the breaks and then the manual break, getting the car at the park. He turned his head to look at taehyung who sighed and stepped down and walked around the car. Now, Taehyung was standing some steps ahead of the driver's seat door, back facing it and he started the moon up in the sky, taking a deep long breath of fresh open air.

Jungkook opened the door and leaned to it, he stood there holding it open. "sorry hyung" he muttered making Taehyung turn in shock towards him "I didn't mean to make you mad" he said, making Taehyung go deep in guilt. Taehyung walked towards Jungkook who was looking down at his feet. A finger smoothly held Jungkook's chin and made him look up, at taehyung.

"hey, I'm not mad at you sweetheart," Taehyung said softly

"really?" Jungkook countered with his big Bambi eyes looked at Taehyung with stars in them.

"really really... how can I get mad at such a beautiful boy," Taehyung said and now he was smirking cuz he was back to teasing.

Blood rush through Jungkooks cheeks and he "Yah!" at Taehyung

"don't Yah at me cupcake, be a good boy" Taehyung teased again.

"shut up" Jungkook fought back, not pushing Taehyung away or taking his hands off, just words said halfheartedly. He was enjoying the names but it was also a bit embarrassing.

"make me, baby boy" Taehyung raised his eyebrows with a head tilt and Jungkook's eyes narrowed before taking up the challenge and leaning forward to peck him, taking Taehyung in big shock. Something tickled in them.