11 | new friend

K E L L A N

I could barely get enough fucking sleep last night.

While I was lying in my bed, I couldn't stop thinking about Layla. I knew for sure that her clothes were soaked because of the incident at the fountain, and when she finally decided to take a shower, I did let out a sigh of relief.

She didn't have her suitcase with her yesterday, so I knew that she didn't have any clothes to change into. I purposely left the bathrobe hanging behind the bathroom door, and I guess she took that.

I just couldn't imagine her sleeping beside me without any clothes on. She didn't seem like a girl who would be comfortable doing that despite the fact that I was blind.

The night was getting worse when she started crying. She might think that I didn't notice it, but I could hear her sniffling, and it was fucking annoying. I knew that she had just left her family and that she was now stuck in this place that felt like hell to her, but goddammit I hate it when girls or women cry.

Not that I cared.

Or was it annoying because I fucking cared?

Now as the morning comes, I splash the water from the sink onto my face. My head is pounding. I brush my teeth, but I still can't stop thinking about the girl who is now sleeping in my bed.

My brain is trying to figure out what I will do today with her being around. Her existence is already annoying me this much, I wonder how I will survive the following weeks -- or worse, months. Jaxon better be fucking coming back here as soon as possible so that we can talk. I have to persuade him to send Layla away, but with the way we always argue, we will only end up fighting.

Maybe he's right. I can't fucking control my anger. But then again, he's not the one with disability.

I step out of my bathroom, ready to have my morning jog. The sooner I can escape Layla, the better.

Layla's voice surprises me when I'm about to open the door of my bedroom.

"Where are you going?" she asks.

I turn around, hoping that she will notice the irritation written on my face.

"Morning jog," I say.

I'm about to turn around when she interrupts, "Wait. Please, don't leave me just yet." Her voice holds so much vulnerability, and I can't help but feel bad. She's still trying to figure out how to adjust to this new situation.

I give her my attention again, waiting for her to say more.

"How will I have my meal?" she asks, and I figure out that she's hungry.

She didn't ask about the place where she could have breakfast in this house, which means that she's still afraid of getting out of this room.

"You'll get it," I say.

I'd already thought about it last night.

"Someone will bring it for you."

She's silent, but I can feel her uneasiness.

"Don't worry," I say. "It won't be the guys from last night. You'll get to know her soon."

She sighs in relief, knowing that it will be a girl who will come to this room.

"What about you?" she asks with a hint of curiosity in her voice. She must have seen the confusion in my face, because the next thing she says is, "I mean, I know that you can have breakfast anywhere in this house, but I just want to know your usual routines. Do you eat in the kitchen or dining room? Or do you prefer to have your meal inside your room? What about your schedules? Do you have a martial arts practice during the day? When do you train the fighters? Do you go out--"