CHAPTER 7 (BOOK 1)

Y/N'S POV

I shouldn't have let my emotions get the better of me. I should have controlled myself.

I can't get it out of my head. Every second of that love-hate kiss is clear in my mind. I should have pushed him back, but I let him control me instead. I did nothing but stand there, numb.

I said everything I had been holding in for the past three years. I cared about him. I loved him, but what he did wasn't right. And what he's doing now isn't right either.

After that kiss, I didn't leave my room. I didn't go to work. I stayed home, confined within these four walls. I only came out when they both weren't in the mansion.

He didn't force me either. He respected my space. I was numb and upset. It wasn't even a month since we got married, and I am already done with him. I don't know how the upcoming months will go. I hope this marriage ends before the contract expires.

To the world, we were a married couple, but to us, it was nothing more than a contract binding us together. In order to act like a couple, we need to act caring towards each other, and now we both have to go on the honeymoon my in-laws planned.

A small envelope given to me by Claire this morning contained a credit card, a pin code, and a sticky note.

Prepare yourself for the honeymoon; our flight is tomorrow. Buy clothes if you feel the need. We have to do this. My parents want our photos together. Please accept this and act like my wife for them. In a few more months, this will end. I won't force you to do anything other than be my wife in front of my parents. Otherwise, do whatever you want; I won't interfere.

I kept the note on the table and put the card back in the envelope to return it to Claire.

I sighed. I need to pack things for our least interesting honeymoon.

I don't know what will happen there. Two people who hate and despise each other are going on a honeymoon. I don't know what we will do there. The more I try to avoid him, the more I see him.

I hope he has booked two separate rooms because I won't tolerate him anymore.

IN THE FLIGHT

How can I forget that he will bring her too? I wasn't shocked, either, or surprised. But the thought of being alone crept inside me. But it's far better to enjoy being  alone than having their company.

So, his father doesn't get news of her accompanying us. He preferred normal flights to his private jet.

The three of us had our seats together, but I changed and sat somewhere else before he noticed. I was seated between two really gorgeous men, and their features were worthy of praise.

"Miss, what's wrong? Is everything okay?" said one with a British accent.

"What's wrong, hon?" said the other one.

"Nothing, I guess she is feeling uncomfortable between us," the British one said.

"Would you like to swap seats, miss?" said the one sitting on my right.

"No, it's okay, I am good. I am not uncomfortable. Thank you for being concerned," I said. So generous of them.

"It's alright, miss. No worries. By the way, hello, my name is Michael, and he is Jordan, my boyfriend," the one on the right said.

"Hello?" The one on the left asked.

"Y/n. Nice to meet you guys as well," I said with a smile on my face.

"Pretty name for a pretty lady." Michael's comment made me shy.

"Okay. Sorry, j, I won't do that again." I looked at my left and saw a jealous Jordan. I chuckled at his reaction.

"You guys are so adorable," I said while chuckling.

"Thank you so much, Y/n," Jordan said.

"So, you guys are going for a vacation in Hawaii?" I asked, initiating a conversation.

"No, not only for a vacation  but for a honeymoon," Jordan said.

"Adorable," I said.

"We recently got married, and our parents also supported us. We are glad to be together," Michael said and locked his hand with Jordan.

"Happy to hear that. God bless you with more happiness and love," I said to them.

"By the way, are you heading for a business meeting? You seem alone," asked Michael, and the whole honeymoon thing clicked to me.

"I-"

I was about to reply when I saw a furious Taehyung standing near our seats.

“Hey man, how can I help you?” Jordan asked. His gaze was so sharp that I felt it, and I couldn't meet his eyes.

“Y/N, what are you doing here?” he asked, ignoring Jordan.

“I swapped my seats. Is there a problem with that?” I said, raising an eyebrow.

“Get up and come back to where you were sitting before,” he said.

“I don't want to,” I said with a poker face.

“Y/N, get up,” he said through gritted teeth, but I didn't care about him in the least.

“Dude, chill. If she doesn't want to come, then let her be,” Jordan said.

“Don't interrupt between me and my wife,” he said, shocking both Jordan and Michael.

I mentally apologized to Michael and Jordan.

“Y/N, you need to get up before this situation escalates,” I said to Taehyung. He stepped aside, and I went back to the seat I had left half an hour ago.

I had finally found some peace, even if it only lasted for 30 minutes.

I sat on the window seat, leaving those “love birds” alone.

“Taehyung, was it necessary to bring her with us?” Kathy said quietly, but I heard her.

“I'm not the one interrupting you both. You're the one who's here uninvited,” I said sarcastically.

“No, baby, it's nothing like that. Ignore what she says. Just focus on the days ahead. Just you and me,” he said, holding her hand.

What a loving couple.

When Kathy went to the washroom, he grabbed my hand tightly.

“Why did you say that?” he asked in a low, angry tone.

“Why shouldn't I? She's an obstacle, and I'm not,” I said, removing my hand.

“Just like she was before,” I mumbled, and he heard me.

“But she's not a heartless woman like you, who left me after doing wrong,” he said, leaving me speechless.

“Nothing to say?” he taunted.

“I already said enough that night, Kim. I don't like repeating myself,” I replied, remembering our kiss and unexpected conversation.

“And you really forget things, don't you? Then let me remind you,” he said, frowning. I showed him the sticky note, and he huffed before sitting down quietly.

A small piece of paper can give me a little control over him.

_____________________________________________

Do vote and comment 😊😘🎇❤️