CHAPTER 28 (BOOK 2)

Y/N'S POV

If I had to describe the last day of the project in words, it would be pain, love, and hurt.
Pain and hurt for parting ways with him.
And feeling his love for the last time through his small actions.

The purple corset dress made me look incredible, which I couldn't believe. That was me. He truly has some fantastic designing skills. I went back to the time when he showed me his beginner designs. I spent such a lovely time with him. I wish everything was normal and just like our dream life. Us getting happily married, a big house, and our own mini selves. But it all shattered because of her. His stupidity and lack of understanding were the cherry on top.

His touch always has an effect on my body. The way his hand brushed against mine while tying the knots. When he was too close to me during rehearsals and the couple shoot, his single touch would leave an impression. His warmth is different. His love is different.

I can't get his face full of hurt and sadness out of my mind. I want him as much as he wants me. I love him so much that I did something in the project that I never do in other projects. I never did couple shoots because of one of those incidents and a couple of bad experiences, but I agreed with him because I wanted him next to me. I resisted at first because I was losing my calm, but his absence left a hole in my heart. That's why, in the end, I requested the director to pair us up.

I genuinely want him, but my insecurity isn't letting me. I feel utterly guilty for hurting him on purpose. His tear-stained face and his shivering hands pinched my heart. He has been so open to me in terms of showing emotions that he never gets shy to let his vulnerable side out in front of me.

How painful it was for me to see him like that. I was just an inch away from hugging him tight and assuring him, and getting my lipstick all over his mouth. But I couldn't.
That's why I turned around and avoided seeing him.

When I tell you all, it's messed up. It truly is. I really need to clear my mind.

I went back into my changing room. The shoot is finally over. We will be parting ways, but why does it keep pinching me when that is what I want? I closed the door behind me and saw a black file kept on the dressing table.

I took the file and opened it.  My whole body froze. It was our divorce papers. He signed the papers. I am no longer married to him. I am divorced. A sudden pang was felt in my chest. He cared about me, even after what I did to him. He didn't even hesitate to sign them. Then it clicked that he did it for my happiness. He let me go even after knowing how much it would hurt him.

Y/N, you knew from the start that he would do anything for you, but still, you pushed him away and hurt him on purpose. Tears of guilt and pain streamed down my face. It was so stupid of me to behave like this. In the pursuit of revenge, I lost the only man I love.

NEXT DAY

The seed of guilt was sown inside me, transforming gloomy nights into gloomy mornings and evenings. I was alone in the apartment; Oldie was at the office, and Ethan was busy with wedding preparations.

How could I marry him? I felt terrible about the prospect of him marrying a girl like me—a girl who was unclear about her emotions and still not over her ex-boyfriend or ex-husband.

Ex-husband. I chuckled as I recalled the playful banter we used to share during our contract marriage.

I was sitting on the couch when the doorbell rang. I assumed it was Oldie.

I opened the door and was greeted by an unexpected visitor: Raavia, Taehyung's secretary.

"Hello, Miss Y/N," she said, holding a bouquet of roses. A memory flashed through my mind—Taehyung used to give me roses whenever we met.