CHAPTER 8 (BOOK 1)

Y/N'S POV

We reached our destination—Hawaii. The destination was pretty enough and worth the solo travel.

Since we landed, I noticed something unusual between Taehyung and Kathy. They were barely talking or seeing each other. Did they fight? Who knows? It might be the other flight attendants because I was sound asleep.

When I got back to my seat with Taehyung, they were both in their own world. Without even giving a thought to their existence, I fell asleep and was woken up by Taehyung. The moment I woke up, I realized that I was sleeping on his shoulder with a small gap between us. I was covered in a small blanket.

The whole flight I was sleeping on his shoulder.

“Had a good sleep, sleepyhead?” he asked, and I jolted up and hit my head.

“Ow!” I yelped in pain.

“Careful, Y/N,” he said and tried to rub my head. I backed away a little.

“Don’t touch me,” I said sternly. His hand stopped in midair, and he retreated his hand back.

“Stop acting like you care about me when you don’t,” I said and stood up and went to the exit. I didn’t see Kathy until we got our luggage. They both didn’t talk during the ride to our hotel.

Soon, we reached the hotel and checked in. One room for the cringe couple and one separate room for me.

Getting keys for our rooms was awkward as hell.  The manager greeted Taehyung and me so warmly and assumed Kathy was another visitor. I held myself back from laughing, and we all proceeded towards our rooms.

We were standing in front of our rooms. Unlucky me had a room next to theirs. She harshly snatched the room key and threw hers at mine.

“I believe you forgot that you are only here for show,” she said. Rolling my eyes at her behavior, I ignored her as if she never existed.

God knows what Taehyung found so attractive in her that he is dating her. She is full of plastic and layers of makeup.

“I know, Kathy, but there is some basic etiquette to taking and giving things to people, and I guess your parents failed to teach you some,” I said, sarcasm dripping from my mouth since chapter one. Taehyung was on a call and was least bothered about her.

The moment Taehyung came, she fell to the ground while holding her cheek.

“Ow, Y/N, what did I do to you?” she fake-cried. Here goes her drama.

“What happened, Kathy? Are you okay?” he said, concerned. The concern that only came for her, never for me.

“She slapped me, Taehyung. Because I wanted the key to our room, and she refused to give it to me.  When I asked her multiple times, she slapped me,” she fake-cried, and I sighed at her melodrama.

Furious, Kim looked at me.

“Y/N, did you slap her? When you knew that you were here for a show, then why didn't you give her the keys in the first place?” he spat.

“First of all, watch your tone, Kim,” I said, making him lower his tone in front of me. How blind can he be to trust her when he was busy with his call and was completely unaware of what happened?