Confusion

"Some paths can't be discovered without getting lost."

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

"I am Robert. King of Goldstone."
At the mention of his name, my eyes widen, my jaw drops open and a gasp escape. So he is the Great King Robert of Goldstone. Finally I'm meeting him in person.

My father always told me his stories. He is my father's childhood best friend. They were practically raised together and went to the same royal school. They are more like brothers but because Goldstone is a bit far from Highland, I never got the chance to meet him before.

"I've heard so much about you, Sir. My father told me about your bravery and how you fought in the battlefield on a short notice for your people even when your army was half in number as compared to your enemy's. I can't believe I'm finally meeting you", I ramble excitedly.

He laughs in response and I stop myself from rambling more.

"I'm impressed, my dear. You have captured my heart. You are just like your father except for your eyes. They remind me of someone dear to me."

He stated looking at my father with a genuine smile. "I must say you are truly gorgeous, my child. And as your father told me, you would really be perfect.

"I told you that you would love my dear daughter once you meet her. She's my world", my father replies looking adoringly at me.

I give him a smile but I was confused at King Robert's last sentence. What did he meant by that? What would I be perfect for? I was brought out of my thoughts when my mother shook me and nodded towards the other guests, telling me to go and greet them as well. I nod at her and began my walk towards them. As I approach them, a lady sees me and motions other ladies to do as well. They all look at me and some of then began to whisper something in others ears. Way to make me feel uncomfortable.

"So, you're Princess Rose?", the lady who saw me first enquires.

"Yes, I am", I say without a slight hint of sarcasm even when I wanted my sentence to be dripping with it. How can she not know me? I can't risk getting scolded just for dealing these snobbish ladies who know nothing but to gossip and sip expensive teas at kitty parties.

"You must be going to some village, right?" Aunt Merry's daughter, Melissa asks after giving me a once over. Like mother, like daughter.

"Uh, what makes you think that?" I enquire gritting my teeth. 'Calm down, Rose. They are not worth your energy', I tell myself in my brain.

"I mean you wouldn't be wearing a gown this simple and boring for the brunch, would you?" she tells me while all other ladies giggle behind her. I can feel my face heat up and redden, not because of embarrassment but because of rage.

How dare she come here in my palace and judge my fashion sense. Is it a crime to wear something simple and elegant? Before I can throw a witty remark at her and embarrass her in front of her so called friends, my mother comes and interrupts us and tells us to get seated for the brunch.

They all walk towards the oak dinning table which was entirely filled with food. The guests were already seated there. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves down and went towards the table and sat at the other side of the table next to my father and silently eat my food.

                ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Hi lovelies!

I know this chapter is quite short but think of it as a filler😅.

Vote,  comment and share to show some support please! Thank you!

-MissyE♥