The Ball

"Everyday that you wake up, is a blessing.  Don't take it for granted."

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

The next morning someone knocked on my door. I gave my permission after groaning in my pillow and Aria came in. She stood next to my bed, hands on her hips and said, "Wake up Sleeping beauty."

I chuckled at her remark and sat straight on my bed. "What is it, Aria. You know that I don't like to wake up early," I told her rubbing my eyes to make the sleep go away. How I wish I could sleep more than just seven hours a day. Why can't princess sleep peacefully? Who made these dumb rules?

"I know but your mother said that you'll be accompanying the Prince and Princess to the ball at exactly 4 pm today. So you better wake up and start getting ready for it."

I groan, "But I don't want to go especially not with that what was his name... uh Prince Ramsey the prince of rudeness."

She rolls her eyes, "Stop acting like a child and get up already. We have to choose a gown for you to wear and heels too. The weather is chilly so I think a cloak would look elegant on it."

"Whatever, just choose a gown with full sleeves. You know I hate showing much skin. And do me a favour and leave the tiara on the vanity table from now on, those maids forget to place it on my head and I always get in trouble for that"

"I'll keep that in mind and you don't get in trouble because of them. You get in trouble because you act like a wild child and forget to put it on." We both laugh and she pulls me off the bed and shoves me inside the wash chambers while she goes inside my long walk through closet full of gowns and pretty dresses. When I was done washing up, I walk back out to see Aria sitting on the sofa. She has placed some gowns on my bed. I go near my bed and begin examining them one by one. The gowns are full of embellishments here and there. I wonder what is the occasion for her to choose such fancy gowns. 

"Hey Aria, what's the occasion by the way?"

"Uh I don't know. Your father and King Robert planned it or something. No one knows the reason behind it. You mother said that you should look stunning and eye captivating that's all." She replies shrugging her shoulders.

I nod. I glance back at the gown choices I have. There is a royal blue, a burgundy, a dark green and a strawberry pink gown. I go for the green one as it matched the colour of my eyes. I touch it's material and the silky soft material feel like I'm touching a cloud or something. Definitely wearing it.

"Great choice", Aria says and winks. She brings sparkling gold heels matching with the embellishments on the body of the gown. She did my makeup light and pretty. I change into the gown and wear the heels.

Aria gasps when I come out into the room

Aria gasps when I come out into the room. She brings a golden tiara embedded with green stones and places it on my head full of my hair lightly curled in waves and left open to cascade down my back just like waves. I look at myself in the mirror and become stunned too. I sure look pretty. I smile and thank Aria.

I look at the time and it reads 3:45 pm. Time to go and make an entrance. I say goodbye to Aria with a hug and walk outside. Thank god I ate a sandwich before getting ready.

I step outside to see all of them already outside, Anne sitting in a black limousine and Ramsey typing furiously on his laptop. I wonder if he ever smiles even for a second. I don't think devils smile other then after murdering someone. I shudder at the thought.

All of  a sudden, he looks up and his eyes land on me, he opens his mouth for a while than turns his head to other side after scoffing. He goes and sit inside his limousine. He should seriously visit a doctor or something. The guy has some issues with his brain. I go towards my limousine and sit in it carefully, trying my best not to ruin my dress in any way. I want to look exceptionally beautiful today. People are beginning to take me lightly a lot these days. I want to show them just who I really am and to do that I should look brilliant.
We reach the hotel where the ball was arranged in no time. I've been attending balls here all of my life and I'm actually tired of this hotel. I should try to get out of this kingdom and visit other but father would never agree to that notion. He says that by sending me out of this kingdom he would only be risking my life and nothing more.

The hotel was swarmed with lots of reporters and cameramen, ready to question the royals and invade their privacy. I never respond to their questions because I never have the answers to the nonsense they spew. Like how one time a reporter asked me if I was having some issues with my family just because I arrived in a different car. I mean like can't I just arrive solo? Is it that bad?

I go inside the ball with ease with my bodyguards walking around me, shielding me from every camera and reporter. Victory!

                 ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Hey!

Hope you like this chapter and her dress that I got from pinterest after alot of searching. I really loved how soft it looked and don't get me started on the colour. It's really pretty.  I think I'm in love with this colour and definitely adding it to my favourites.

What your favourite colour by the way? Do let me know!!!

Please comment, vote and share.

-MissyE♥