Anne

" You should have enough confidence to hold your head up high. Enough humility not to look down on others."

    ●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

We began to eat brunch silently. After we were finished, we were served tea while everyone began to converse with one another. I on the other hand sipped my tea in lonesome not that I complain about it. I love being alone but do wish sometimes that my friends would also attend these events. They live so far that we hardly meet now that we have done our studies. I sigh and take a sip of my tea. Suddenly, I feel a light tap on my shoulder, startling me and making me spill few drops of tea on my gown. I look down at my gown and scowl at the growing spots.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you", a girl says, worry lacing her voice. "Did you burn your skin?"

I look up at her and see her face full of worry. "No, it's okay. I'm fine. No need to be sorry", I assure her and she take a breath of relief.

"Thank goodness. By the way, I am Anne, Princess of Goldstone", she says extending her hand towards me.

"Nice to meet you, Anne. Are you King Robert's daughter?" I ask taking her hand and shaking it.

"Yes, I am, Princess ..?"

"Rose. My name is Rose."

"Nice to meet you too, Rose. I was just standing alone and saw you alone too so I thought of approaching you. I hope I'm not disturbing you."

"Oh no, you are not. I am actually glad that you approached me or else I don't know what would I be doing except getting bored," I say and we laugh at my remark.

"You're really different, in a good way though. Other girls just talk about teas and dresses", she says motioning her hand towards her tea cup and dress.

"Well Anne, I cannot agree more to that. I don't know how they manage to talk about the same topics without getting bored?"

"That's a huge mystery yet to be solved." We talk and laugh until someone interrupts us. What is with people interrupting me today?

I look at the person and see a handsome young man with eyes as blue as a clear ocean facing Anne.

               ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Hey yo!!!

What do you think about Anne? And who do you think the guy who interrupted them is? Let me know in the comments.

Do comment, vote and share.

-MissyE♥