Namesake

(Steve's P.O.V.)

Buck and I stare at Tony, hell Nat even looks like she's gonna kill him. It sounds like it too "you don't think? Tony you need to explain what you mean right now."
"Well, I would but that wasn't a very nice way to as-" Nat pins him to the floor and no one moves to stop her
"Listen to me right now Tony, вы собираетесь рассказать нам, что вы имеете в виду, или я собираюсь-" (you're going to tell us what you mean right now or I'm going to-)
Wanda jumps in before anything else can be said, understandable or not "Tony may I ask what you mean by you think? Not everyone can hear what you're thinking."
"Uh, well she never actually hurt anyone, she pushed Bruce away from her gently as possible and into Sam and Nat- would you mind getting off me?"  No one had moved to pull Nat off of Tony and she had made no move too. After a few seconds she does "if it was truly Silver Death she would have killed us given the chance. None of you are even bruised, scratched or any other types of hurt."

Bucky punches the window beside the door smashing it. "She went back. Voluntarily."
Vision who never actually knew Jess well pipes up "she might not have went back. We do not know."
Bucks voice slowly rises "no, she went back. Most likely had some sort of deal to get Aly out of there. Jess always put others out of harms way if possible."

He looks broken like he just lost someone he...... loves. "Buck?" It takes a few seconds for him to look up, even then his only respond is a hum "did you love Jess?"
He face contorted into a look of confusion and pain "she was like my sister Steve. Of course I loved her."
As relief floods over me Wanda gasps "you were worried that he loved her as something else, as a lover."

The air around us gets tense but loosens when Tony starts to laugh, I have no idea why. "Steve, I was in the cockpit when Barnes here threatened to hurt you if you made Jess cry! That's the most brotherly thing he could do."

Everyone looks at me Nat has one eyebrow raised and Aly comes through the door and leans on the balcony railing staring out over the city. "She loves you. My mom I mean."

Since she's looking away from us I don't know who she might be talking to, Clint probably wandering the same thing as I am- who she means- says "what?"
"I mean that when I had my mom tell me what it was like outside of the facility she told me about how you people crashed into a field, your wireing was faulty in the jet you crashed causing her to" she makes air quotes "'take flight' after touching two together. But what made her smile and look at the floor made me realize that she loved someone other than my dad."

Glances are exchanged, I know exactly what she's talking about, the day I caught her singing. As Thor steps up beside the girl she leans into him "she said that someone laughed at her after being blown out of the back of the jet?"
"you people crashed. It may not have made her smile then but when she though about it later she smiled. One of the only smiles I saw there."

"Who was laughing Miss Aly?"
"Steve. He caught her singing to."
Eyes once again turn to me. Buck looks so happy when I glance at him "she hates people hearing her sing unless it's for a kid or to confuse and distract someone. Why didn't you tell me?"
"Um, well she said that if I told anyone she would have my head and since I didn't want to provoke her..."
"Lucky she didn't kill you on the spot."
With that Buck turned his back on me and stands by Aly
"What do you mean?"
"Whenever she sang, someone died. Whether it was out on a mission or in an interrogation room."
"Dad on a mission did she ever have to kill a child?"

(Wanda's P.O.V.)

Almost instantaneously after the question was asked a memory surfaced in James's mind. A violent one at that. Watching it from his point of view makes it feel like I'm the one doing the killing.