He's Still With Her

It doesn't seem like a nightmare. It seems like a blissful dream. Until the dark turn.

I'm laying on the bed in a little girls bedroom, papers covered in crayon drawings are all over the walls and the little desk under the window with a pink plastic chair tucked in under it.

I stand up, but am so close to the floor I look down. I'm the little girl, and this must be my bedroom. Moving around the room and seeing what there is and what the pictures are of I see a crayon drawing of a family. The little girl in the picture has something that looks like fire in her hands.

There's movement outside my door and outside the window. My mother opens my door, "time to make supper, your dad will be home tomorrow."
Little legs carry me down a hall but not before I catch a glimpse of a girl coming through my window and things start to look dusty in there.

I'm in the kitchen and there's more movement outside. My mother runs to the room, and my father appears at the kitchen table and the girl that climbed through the window enters the room. My dad runs through me, I'm my normal self again. Normal body.

The little girl I was is running up the hall, HYDRA agents put a bag over her head and shoot my mother. What the hell?

I run to my father, going through agents, and my child self bag and all. I pass Winter in a mask and go through the girl, who's holding a gun.

The bullet leaves the chamber in slow motion, travels through the air in slow motion and goes into my father in slow motion. I knew I couldn't stop it so I didn't try.

Then my sight went as if I was the little girl, the look on my mother's face as she was shot, just before the bag is yanked over my head.

Then I have a gun in hand, bullet entering my father. My eyes turn to James and we leave.

I'm back in Steve's room, it's still late at night his arm is still draped across my stomach. His eyes are open and watching me.

"Hey."
"Hi."
"You okay?"
"I'm not sure right now."

He moves to go on one elbow, I move so my head is level with his. "Nightmare?"
"I think is could be classified as that."
"Meaning?"
"I was a little girl again Steve. It was weird, and then I was watching my mother get shot and then watching someone shooting my dad. Then I was holding the gun and shooting my dad."

He just looks me in the eyes. "Same house all three times?"
"Yah. I was watching all these things happen, it was like, I don't know. Like it was two things shoved together but watched by a third person."
"You went between memories."

I still. "I killed my dad?"
"Yah. Buck told me at one point."
"Oh. Well that sucks."

My head hits the pillow, tears should probably be coming if I were considered human but after watching that video I don't think I am. "Jess?"
"Hmm?"

His face is all I can see, with his forehead against mine. "I love you. Nothing can change that."
"I'm damaged and personally think it would be wiser for you to just cut ties and run."

He laughs, and pulls me back into him. I should remember him more, why I didn't say I love him back? Even without memories I have a strong as hell feeling that I should give more then two shits about him. I give at least five for James.

Silver Deathजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें