Chapter 20

After their break, everyone went back to school, things we're going smoothly between Melanie and Sean, she would go visit him and he would come visit her to, they didn't fight as much also, it was one afternoon when she was sitting in her room that she noticed something “What’s today’s date Conor?”

“Ummmm the 20th why?” her jaw dropped

“What’s the matter?” she was silent

“Melanie, what’s the matter?!”

“I’m late” she managed to croak out

“What?”

“I said I’m late”

“Late for what?”

“My period” he was silent before he finally said “How long?”

“A week!”

“Have you done anything lately?”

“The only time we didn't use protection was on our trip and we’ve been careful since then.”

“Well there you go.” She glared at him

“What I’m only saying? I’ll run to the pharmacy and get a test for you.”

“Thanks Conor you’re the best.”

She waited anxiously for him to return, he was back in fifteen minutes “Sorry I took a while, the lady at the store kept looking at me weird, I’m sure she cussed me so much in her head”

“Thanks, well here goes nothing”

She went into the washroom and peed on the stick, when she was done she put it on the counter and came out again “Well?”

“It says to wait five minutes”

“Don’t worry, it’ll be ok”

The five minutes felt like an hour for Melanie, she was spaced out when Conor said “It's time”

She took a deep breath and flipped the stick over, she gasped as she saw the two blue lines that determined her fate, she was pregnant, she felt the tears brimming, how was she gonna tell Sean, he would be so angry with her because she had lied to him about it being the wrong time for her to get pregnant, she was starting to panic when Conor said “Melanie, you're killing me here, open the door please” she shook her head and opened the door for him “Well?” she put her head down and handed him the test, his eyes turned wide and he pulled her into a hug and that was when she lost it, the tears kept flowing and flowing and he kept telling her it would be ok , after she had cried for a while she put her head up “What am I going to do?”

“Well you could start by telling Sean”

“I can't! He’s gonna be so mad at me because I lied to him after, I told him it was the wrong time of the month for me to get pregnant”

“Well you have to, it’s better to tell him now, before he finds out on his own and he becomes angrier”

“You're right, I’m gonna call Camilla first though” he held her hand as she dialled Camilla’s number, she put it on speaker “Hey girl! What's up?”

“Hey Cam, I need to tell you something.”

“Uh oh, what’s wrong?”

“I’m pregnant”

“What?!!! How?!”

“Please calm down, don’t tell anyone please!”

“Umm, you're kinda on speaker and Justin heard...”

“Please don’t tell him Justin! I’m coming up later to tell him”

“But how did this happen?” Camilla asked

“Remember when we we're on the trip and I told you about that night and you said I was careless, well I forgot to take the morning after pill, but I didn't think this would happen, it was only one time.”

“Once is all it takes babe”

“I’m so scared to tell him, he’s gonna be so mad because I lied to him”

“Don’t worry babe it’ll be fine, calm down ok, deep breaths, I’m always here when you need me, you can come over when you talk to him, ok?”

“Yeah, thanks babe”

“I’m serious Mel don’t worry, Sean won't be mad”

“I hope so; I’ll see you later then”

Melanie packed a bag for two days and looked at Conor “I guess I’ll see you Sunday then”

“Yeah don’t worry, call me whatever happens ok, love you Mel”

“Love you too Con”

She headed to the train station, on the train she thought about various ways she could tell Sean she was pregnant, she was so scared, she didn’t realise she was crying till she felt the tears falling, by the end of the forty-five minute journey, her nerves we're everywhere but she knew she had to tell him, he had a right to know he’s the father of her baby after all, she got in a cab and told the cab driver Sean’s address. When she got to Sean’s house, she rang the bell and his mum opened the door “Hi Melanie, didn't think we’d see you  this weekend”

“Yeah, wanted to surprise Sean, is he upstairs?”

“Yeah he’s in his room, go on up.”

She took a deep breath and headed up, she knocked on his door “Come in.”

He turned as she entered ad he was shocked to see her “Whoa, didn’t think I would see you this weekend” he said kissing her after he hugged her “Yeah I wanted to surprise you”

“Well it’s a nice surprise, I’m glad to see you”

“Me too, I missed you” her nerves we're at the top “I missed you too, so what’s up”

“Umm, there’s something I need to tell you, please don’t freak out ok?”

“I won’t don’t worry, what is it?”

“Please don’t freak out”

“Why do you keep saying that, there’s nothing you can tell me that could make me freak out, so just say”

She hesitated a bit “I’m pregnant.”

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven’t updated, school work and everything, but I’m on holiday now, so I’ve got more time to write, so hopefully next chapter will be up tomorrow. So what did you think of this chapter? And how do you think Sean will react?

Comment

Vote

Like

xxxxxx