Chapter 21

“What?” she took a deep breath “I said I’m pregnant”

“How?”

“That night in our room, when we didn’t use protection”

“So you lied to me” his voice rose a bit

“It's not like that...”

“It’s what then?” he cut in “You could’ve told me, I specifically asked you and you said it was the wrong time of the month for you to get pregnant, and you didn't even think to take the morning after pill, we fucking did it three times that night and you couldn’t even think for one minute to stop us when you knew the consequences Melanie!”

“Don’t yell at me Sean! I didn't plan this, it happened ok, I know it was wrong of me not to take the morning after pill, but I was happy that things we're getting better between us and it kinda slipped my mind”

“That’s not a good enough reason Melanie, I am 18 years old, do you think I want to become a father right now, this is you just being selfish!”

“Don’t you dare cal me selfish Sean Craven, it's my fault as much as it yours...”

“Leave!”

“What?”

“Could you please leave, I need to be alone right now”

“Sean please don’t shut me out, I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I...”

“Melanie please just leave” the tears had started coming, but he couldn’t see them because he had turned away from her, she turned to leave but she stopped at the door and said “I’m sorry” and then proceeded down the stairs, once she got out the door she let the tears fall, she didn't think he would be this mad, she hadn’t seen him this mad in a long time, she felt stupid, she knew she should’ve just taken the morning after pill, she began to walk in the direction of Camilla’s house, she didn't know she was there till she saw the house number, she knocked on the door and Camilla opened it “Babe are you ok?”

“He doesn’t want me or the baby” she said with a sob

“Aww, come on don’t say that”

“He asked me to leave Camilla, he doesn’t love me as much as I love him”

“Come on babe, he just needs space and time to think, he’s probably just shocked that’s all, he wasn't expecting any of this don’t worry”

“I don’t know what to do, I haven’t told my mum or dad, my dad’s gonna be so mad at me, I’m 18 for fucks sake, I should’ve known better’

“Don’t beat yourself over this Melanie, this baby is a blessing”

“Its daddy doesn’t think so” and she broke down completely as Camilla held her, she cried for herself, she cried for Sean and for her unborn baby, she cried because she felt that Sean didn't love her, when she had cried for a while, her phone began to ring, she looked at it and it was Conor “I have to take this”

“Melanie, you don’t have to, if you're not up for it”

“I have to, it's Conor, and he was with me when I found out”

“Hello”

“Hey Mel are you okay”

“Not really, he doesn’t want us, he told me to leave”

“That son of a...”

“He just needs space Conor” Camilla said

“I suppose you're right but that’s no way to treat the person who’s carrying your baby”

“I know, if it's Sean, he’ll come around, we both know that’

“Just rest Melanie, you don’t need all this stress for the baby”

“Thanks Conor, say hi to Renée for me”

“Will do, I’ll call to check up on you tomorrow”

“Okay” after she put down the phone, she curled up on the Camilla’s bed and drifted off, she woke up when she heard Sean’s voice “I need to see her Camilla”

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea Sean, she’s been emotional and now she’s asleep”

“I know Melanie, she probably thinks I don’t want her anymore, just let me talk to her okay”

“Sean she’s...” the door opening cut her off

“It's ok Camilla, I'm awake” she tried not to make eye contact with Sean as she held the door wider for him to walk in. She smiled gratefully at Camilla as she shut the door, he sat on the chair while she sat on the bed and cautiously looked down “Melanie” she was silent “Look at me Melanie” she was still silent and she didn't raise her face, he sighed and moved closer to her, raising her chin so she looked at him “Look Mel, I'm not mad at you, I know I reacted badly, but you sprung that on me and I was shocked and  a bit angry about the whole birth control thing”

“But you told me to leave” she said a teardrop streaming down, he wiped it and said “I know and I'm sorry, I did that out of anger, I know it's a poor excuse, but I really needed to think, the idea of being a father scares me so much, I don’t know if I’ll be a good enough father to our baby, but I don’t want you to doubt my love for you or the baby, I know I haven’t said it lately but I do love you Melanie, so much”

“I love you too Sean, and I'm sorry about the whole birth control mess, and getting pregnant and...” her words broke as she started to cry again “Hey, hey, hey, don’t cry please, I hate seeing you cry, it's fine Melanie, everything happens for a reason, we’ll get through this together okay, please don’t cry” he said kissing her.

“We still have to tell our parents”

“We can do that tomorrow, right now you need to rest and not stress yourself its not good for the baby”

She lay down and he laid down behind her cuddling her close “I'm scared”

“Me too babe”

“What if I'm not a good mother”

“You’ll be an awesome mum”

“I hope so”

“I know so” she was silent for a while “Sean?”

“Hmm?”

“I love you”

“I love you too babe”

And she drifted off feeling safe and protected in Sean’s arms,

So here it is!

My New Years present, to those of you still reading the story

Hope you enjoy the chapter!!

Comment

Vote

Like

xxxxxx