Chapter 22

Next morning Melanie and Sean decided they would break the news of her pregnancy to her parents

“My dad is so gonna flip!” she said to him

“I know but there’s nothing we can do about that, if we don’t tell them you're gonna start showing and it's gonna be even worse then, I’m gonna be with you every step of the way babe, I promise”

“What would I do without you Sean?” He chuckled and they went down the stairs to talk to her parents.

“Mummy, daddy I need to talk to you guys about something?”

“What is it Hun?” her mum asked

“I think you both need to sit down for this”

“Melanie you're starting to scare us, what’s the matter?”

“Please just sit down because I know how your reaction is going to be”

Her mum and dad sat on the couch, while her and Sean took the loveseat “So what is it, you want to tell us”

“Mum, Dad......I’m pregnant” she said in a low voice, there was silence for a moment and then they both burst into fits of laughter “You're joking aren’t you?”

“No I'm not!”

“You're serious?” her mum said

“Yeah I am” her dad’s eyes turned murderous “Who’s the father?” he said calmly at first

“Sean” and that was when he snapped

“You got my daughter pregnant! Are you crazy, do you not think at all? How could you not use protection, you are fricking teenagers, and you know the consequences of these things...”

“Dad please stop yelling at him, it wasn't his fault, it was mine, I told him it was all right when I knew it wasn't and I didn't take the morning after pill, so if there’s anyone you should blame, it should be me ok!”

“How could you not take the morning after pill Melanie? We specifically warned you so many times about using protection and you didn't heed our warning and now look where you are how do you expect to go back to school when you start showing, for God’s sake”

“Dad I made a mistake, everyone does, it's just unfortunate that mine ended up in a pregnancy but I'm keeping this baby whether you like it or not, if you don’t want to be in my baby’s life then that’s fine”

“I didn't say I didn't want to be in your baby’s life, but Melanie you're too young, you are seventeen years old how do you expect to raise a baby while you are a full time student, it’s not gonna be easy, have you considered looking into adoption, because...”

“No! Dad I am not giving up my baby for adoption, I love this baby already and I want to keep it just as much as it’s father wants it, Sean is here with me and he’s not going anywhere, I’m sorry daddy but there’s nothing you can say that will make me change my mind at this point”

The whole time the conversation was going on between her and her dad, her mother had been silent the whole time, shocked at what was coming out of her daughter’s mouth.

“Mummy? Aren’t you going to say anything?”

“I don’t know what to say Melanie, your dad is right you're too young to have a baby, you’ve got school and all that, how do you plan to balance that along with a baby?”

“I don’t know, but I'm gonna figure it out, I just thought that I should tell you guys before I started showing, because I didn't want you to find out on your own, I guess I was wrong in thinking you would be supportive of my decision, I don’t know what else to say to you anymore, I'm going over to Sean’s to break the news to his parents, hopefully they're more supportive”

She stood up and left her parents sitting there and they headed to Sean’s.

Sean’s parent’s were more supportive than she thought,  his mum was so ecstatic that she was gonna have a grandson or granddaughter, his dad was edgy at first but when he saw how happy they both we're, he gave them his blessing.

Later that night while she was lying beside Sean in bed he said “Are you ok babe?”

“I don’t know, I'm just upset that my parents were too quick to judge me, it hurts a lot!”

“I know babe, I'm sorry, but they’ll come around I promise”

“I love you Sean”

“I love you too!” he said kissing her “Now go to sleep”

She fell asleep almost instantly. Sometime during the night she felt a stab of pain in her stomach and she jerked up and looked down. “Sean!”

“Hmmm”

“Sean wake up! I’m bleeding!”

There it is, it’s a bit short but hope you enjoy it!

Comment

Vote

Like

Ayeesha

xxxxxxxxx