Chapter 9

Monday morning at school Sean tried to talk to her but she silenced him with a look every time he came near. It continued for the next few days he began to feel hi efforts we're hopeless. Her parents we're back Wednesday morning. That night at dinner her dad said he wanted to tell them something “Well Marie and I have some news for you guys” Melanie wasn’t really herself but she tried to put on a sweet face “Carlos, Marie and I have been thinking and we’ve decided that we want to adopt you, if you’d like that” tears we're forming in Carlos’ eyes and he said “I’d be honoured to be called your son” and Melanie’s mum burst into tears and she stood up to hug him Melanie hugged her dad and said “Well done” before she hugged her mum she then gave an excuse to go back to her room. She hadn’t spent ten minutes when there was a knock at her door “Come in” her mum came “Hey sweetie, whats bothering you?” she shrugged “Nothing” her mum smiled “You know I'm your mother right, I know whenever something is bothering you” “Now would you mind telling me what it is” she sighed “Sean cheated on me, with someone he claimed was one of his closest friends and I haven’t let him explain cuz I've refused to see him or even talk to him” her mum nodded and said “Well I think you should let him explain whatever it is, and take it easy on him I know your hurt but it happens ok?”

“Ok, goodnight mummy, I love you”

 “Love you too.”

The next day at school Melanie was walking with Camilla when they spotted Sean “Don't you think you’ve given him the silent treatment enough?” “Yeah I’m gonna listen to what he has to say” when they approached him Camilla went into the class “Hey, I know you probably hate me but I just wanted to say I’m sorry, I know I've hurt you a lot but I don't know what came over me that night I was pretty wasted and I didn’t know what I was doing, that’s it” she took a deep breath and said “I don’t hate you but I forgive you I just don't think I can be your girlfriend anymore” he nodded “I understand, but still I'm sorry”

“Me too” and she walked into the class

After school Melanie had her interview for CCSS and went to take a nap. Two days later they got back to her and she was told she had gotten admission all that was needed was her GCSE results which she was about to start taking the next week but she could come and look at the school. She broke the news to her parents first. At school on Friday she was standing on the steps with Maddie, Camilla and Nahla and was telling them the news “Well guys I got accepted at CCSS all they need is my GCSE’s and I have to get 5 C’s on that” “Well Nahla and I wanted to tell you that we both got admission at UCL” Maddie then said “No fair, I'm going far away I have admission at Plymouth College” they laughed “Don’t worry babe we’ll come visit you okay, Carlos and I are going to Cambridge tomorrow to look at the school and we’ll be back Sunday just in time for GCSE’s on Monday” Melanie said “All right babe have fun” “I'll try.”

Saturday morning Melanie and Carlos got on a train to Cambridge, three hours later they had arrived and they headed straight to the school, she was shown around Campus and was also showed the house she would be staying at if she decided to come to CCSS it was called Batim House when they were done they headed to Melanie’s Aunt Lily’s house to spend the night before heading back to London the next morning.

Monday morning Melanie was in school and she was ready to write her first GCSE paper she went into class with confidence and hoped she would come out with good grades.

The weeks passed and GCSE’s we're over, Sean and Melanie didn’t talk anymore it seemed like they had moved on. Summer holidays we're about to begin and she was going to America with her parents and Carlos she couldn’t wait to hit the sun.

*                                               *                                               *

I know its a bit short sorry xxx