Chapter 5

Monday morning at school Melanie was talking to Sean when she noticed a familiar face “Oh my God Jake!!” he turned round and it was really him she hugged him “Hey Mel, I missed you so much” “Me too, you never called”

 “I'm so sorry about that, lost your number, but I'm in your school now so we can hang out” suddenly Sean cleared his throat “Oh Jake, this is my boyfriend Sean” Jake raised out his hand “Nice to meet you mate”

 “You too” Melanie turned to Sean “I'll meet you in class me and Jake have to catch up”

“Ok see you later” she tiptoed and kissed him then went off with Jake. By the time they met up after school she said “Hey, I’m going out with Jake”

“I thought we had plans on swimming”

“It’s just that I haven’t seen Jake in a while and I wanna spend some time with him”

“Ok forget it, I'll find someone to go with me” and he left “Come on Sean, I didn’t mean it that way” but he had already gone.

Next day at school Melanie was sitting with Camilla when Sean came up behind her and was kissing her neck “Sean stop I’m tryna do my work, you're making me uncomfortable” she tried to shrug him off but he wouldn’t stop “Serious stop!” she turned to face him “I’m only playing with you”

“Well I’m in no mood for your games” and she turned her back to him “Whatever” and he walked away. When Melanie came out of the class in search of Sean, she was unprepared for what she was about to see when she took the turning into the next hallway she saw Jean and Sean seriously making out, she gasps and covers her mouth with her hand and before she breaks down Camilla holds her “Come on babe, don't watch it's only gonna hurt you more”

In the toilet Melanie was wiping her eyes “I don't know why he always does this when we have a row, he always looks for something that he knows will intimidate me but then he has to go and do something stupid with Jean” Camilla rubbed her back “Don't mind him babe, he just wants your attention, don't give it to him” she nodded and said “I won’t, we have to get back to class.”

Class went smoothly, Melanie didn’t talk to Sean for the rest of the day she finished all her school work and went back home, she decided she wanted to spend the day with Carlos after she got home she went to his room “Hey, you wanna go to Hyde park?” “Sure, meet you downstairs in five” she went to her room took her sweater and went downstairs, Carlos was there five minutes later “All right, let’s go, but if I may ask what are we gonna do”

“What else are we gonna do, feed the birds of course” he hit her on the back “Oww”

 “No need to be sarcastic” she rolled her eyes “Why am I even going with you, where’s your boyfriend”

 “I’m not talking to him, we had a row” he looked at her “Do you guys always have to row?”

 “What do you mean do we always have to row?”

 “Well it’s just that since I got here you guys have fought a lot and I’m saying if that’s what a relationship is all about then I'm happy being single” she laughed “People fight in every relationship Carlos it's very normal”

 “Well yours and his is beyond normal” this time she was the one who hit him “Ok, ok peace” she laughed and they got on the bus.

The next day at school Melanie was passing by with Nahla when she saw Jean walk up to Sean and say “Thanks for last night I had loads of fun”

“Your welcome” Melanie looked at Nahla and said “Get me out of here before I throw up please” Nahla laughed and dragged her along, when they met Camilla she said “Today is Maria’s birthday, we're going yeah?”

“Of course we're going” Melanie replied “Well what are you wearing then”

 “Black leather pants, black off the shoulder top and black stilettos” Maddie gasped “I can imagine you in black, you're gonna look beyond hot babe” she smiled “Let’s just hope so, I'll see you guys later” she went off to Chemistry class. During chemistry instead of sitting with Sean like she always did she opted to sitting with Jake “So are you going for Maria’s party”

 “What do you mean am I going for the party, do I look like someone who doesn’t love a good party” she laughed “I guess I'll see you there then”

“For sure.” they continued talking even while the teacher was teaching. After chemistry Melanie headed for the library because she had a free period she took out her art book and started doodling Justin then came to sit with her “Heard you and Sean are rowing again” he said “Camilla?”

 “No him actually” she raised her eyebrow “He told you huh?”

 “Of course he told me he’s my best friend” she rolled her eyes “Well did you know your best friend was making out with your twin yesterday”

“I figured you’d be upset about that”

“No Justin you're wrong, I'm more than upset about it” he patted her shoulder “Well just chill out, okay, I'm sure everything will be fine, I have to get back to class”

“All right see you at the party” he stood up and left, when she was done she packed her books and went home.

At home she brought out her clothes and put them on the bed before she went in to take a shower, when she was done she did her hair and make-up and then she put on her clothes and went downstairs “Mummy, going for Maria’s party, won’t be back late”

“Okay dear” as she was leaving Carlos was going out too “Where are you going?”

 “For a drink with friends, you?”

 “Mate’s party” he nodded “See you later then.” Melanie got to the party and went inside the club, the first set of people she saw were Nahla and Henrie “Hey guys, how’s the party going so far?” “It’s not bad, Maria’s over there if you wanna say happy birthday” she went off to find Maria to say happy birthday, when she got back she danced with Jake and Michael, as she was going to get herself a drink someone caught her hand when she saw it was Sean she tried to shrug him off “Come on babe, talk to me”

“I have nothing to say to you Sean”

 “Okay, I know you're really pissed off with me but...”

“Correction beyond pissed off”

“Okay, I'll give you that, but hear me out”

 “There’s nothing to hear, I saw you make out with Jean, I heard when she told you she had fun last night, whatever that means”

 “You only saw what I wanted you to see and she said thank you because me, her and Justin went to see a movie yesterday” she rolled her eyes “Yeah right”

“Look I’m sorry okay, I hate it when we fight”

 “You can’t keep hurting me and keep saying sorry and expect me to listen every time, it doesn’t work that way!” 

“I’m sorry I was a prick and an arse, but I love you and I wanna work this out” she sighed “We really should stop fighting over little things”

“I know, come here” she moved closer for his hug and he kissed her forehead before they could really get cozy Nahla was there “You have to come talk to Justin and Camilla their having a row” they followed Nahla and they found Camilla yelling at Justin “You’re too overprotective Justin, we we're only having a friendly chat”

 “A friendly chat with his hands all over you yeah?”

“You know what I don't have to explain anything to you, I’m going home, call me when you're back to your senses” and she walked past “I'll call you” Melanie said to Sean and followed Camilla “Babe chill, what happened?”

 “I was only talking to John and then he comes yelling that what the hell am I doing, that I’m letting him touch me all over”

“And I’m bloody tryna explain to him that it was nothing and he ended up making a scene”

 “Just chill out babe okay, let me call mummy and tell her I’m crashing over at your place.” Melanie then called her mum to tell her about her plans then she headed to Camilla’s house for the night.