Chapter 8

By quarter to five they had all showered and we're back downstairs the only person upstairs was Carlos and as he came down the bell rang Melanie was wearing a floral print dress and leggings and she went to open the door, it was Sean he bent to kiss her then he said “I hope you don't mind, I brought Jess along” she shook her head, and as he came in a blonde girl with blue eyes and who’s assets we're in proportion came in after him “Hi I’m Jess”

 “Melanie”

“Nice to meet you”

“You too” she left the door open as more people started coming Justin was right behind them “Hey Mel”

 “Hi” she moved through the house and locked the doors upstairs and came back downstairs she was walking bye when Sean dragged her “Dance with me.” She danced with him for up to an hour when Nahla came in and said “Truth or Dare, out back!!!” they went outside and some people sat while others stood Nahla then spoke “It's just Dare now, so if you're dared, you have to do it no matter what” everyone agreed she then started “Hmm Sean I dare you to snog.....” she looked around and she said “Yes! Jess, for five minutes” Maddie and Camilla were trying to signal to her to stop but she didn’t see, people thought Sean wouldn’t do it but to everyone’s surprise when Jess came close to him he pulled her close and kissed her, people started cheering, but Melanie wasn’t finding it funny, she watched them intently, she watched the way he was kissing Jess, he never kissed her like that “10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0!!!” and they broke apart but Jess decided to add a little sugar and pulled him again and kissed him, that was when Melanie stood up to leave and as she left the dare’s became nastier and nastier. When Sean noticed she had gone he stood up to follow her “Melanie, wait!!”

 “Go away Sean” she said ascending the steps two at a time “Why are you so pissed?” she didn’t answer him she opened her room and slammed the door in his face “It was only a dare and I did what the rules said, I kissed Jess okay but it didn’t mean anything”

“Yeah it didn’t mean anything when she kissed you again to rub it in my face yeah!”

“Forget that, what is it with you? I wasn’t this pissed when you made out with Carlos”

“That’s different, all I'm saying Sean is that you never kiss me that way!!”

“So that’s it you're jealous cuz I don't kiss you the way I just kissed Jess, really that’s rich Melanie, you're acting childish”

 “If I’m acting childish, you can comfort yourself with Jess! Clearly she means more to you than I do!” he scoffed “Then maybe I will” and he walked away she leaned against the door and began to cry.

An hour later after she had fixed her blotched make-up she came downstairs to look for Sean she knew she had overreacted so she wanted to apologise, she looked for him all over the house but she couldn’t find him eventually she saw Justin with Camilla sitting on his lap “Sorry to interrupt guys but have any of you seen Sean” Justin then said “Yeah, he left a few minutes ago with Jess, said he was heading home”

“Thanks” she took her coat and headed to Sean’s she took her time to walk to his house. When she got there the house was open but his parent’s weren’t home she climbed the steps one at a time but when she got to his door she heard someone moaning really hard and the person then said “Don't worry Sean I'll make all go away”

 “Please do” and Melanie covered her mouth with her hand to avoid making a sound but she knocked something over and they both turned and saw her “Shit!!!” Sean said and pushed Jess aside “Melanie!! Wait I can explain”

 “There’s nothing to explain Sean, you’ve hurt me for the last time” the tears we're just pouring now and she turned to face him and said the thing she knew would hurt her “It’s over Sean, I don't wanna see you again” he watched the tears pour and he felt so guilty “Melanie please, just let me explain” she shook her head “No, just let it go” and she walked as fast as her legs could carry her, when she got home she walked straight into Camilla’s arms and broke down “Calm down babe, tell me what happened” but she couldn’t she just cried harder, Camilla helped her up to her room Nahla, Carlos and Maddie helped say goodbye to people on her behalf and upstairs Justin and Camilla we're trying to calm her down and get the story out of her she explained in between sobs “Don't worry I'll find out from him okay just calm down.”

Justin got to Sean’s house and met him seated on his bed with his head in his arms “What got into you mate”

“I swear I don't know, I was pretty wasted” Justin sighed and sat down on the chair “How wasted do you have to be to fuck someone”

 “I don't know, I was just so wasted I didn’t know what I was doing, I took more drinks than I should’ve” Justin stood up “Well I'm not gonna judge you cuz you're my best mate but you have to control yourself, I'm gonna talk to her still but it won’t be easy for her to forgive you that easily” he nodded “See you tomorrow.”

An hour after Justin had left he was back and it was already midnight “I wanna talk to Melanie alone please” Camilla gave him a look which literally meant “Don't say anything that would hurt her more” he nodded and they shut the door “Well I could tell you that from the way he acted he was pretty wasted”

“Wasted? Justin how wasted do you have to be to sleep with someone”

“I know you're very upset Melanie and it won’t be easy to forgive him, but I'm telling you as his best mate and your close friend just take it easy on him okay, he feels really bad and guilty” she nodded “Ok, I'm not saying I'll forgive him, but I'll take it easy on him”

 “Good, well I'll see you in school on Monday”

“All right goodnight”

 “Goodnight” he left the room and Maddie and Nahla came back in while Camilla saw him off, Carlos came in to check on her “Hey, you all right?” she nodded “Umhmm” he then said “Maddie you're welcome to stay in my room tonight” and he winked Melanie couldn’t help laughing “You gonna be okay?”

“Yeah Nahla and Camilla will be here”

 “Goodnight babe”

 “Goodnight” and she went off with Carlos, eventually Melanie fell asleep.