Chapter 12

After school Melanie and Ashley went shopping, she bought a lot of new clothes and make-up, the guilt of everything that had happened the previous night still ate her up, she wondered what he thought about the whole thing, was he feeling as guilty as she was, she had to talk to him whatever it took “Melanie!”

“Yeah, sorry my mind wasn’t here”

 “I said what do you think” Ashley raised a short dress for her to see “Yeah it’s really nice”

“I guess I'll get it then” Ashley went to pay for the dress while Melanie waited “You reckon I can wear it for the party Friday night?”

“Yeah, I doubt I'll spend long at that party, have to go to Plymouth Saturday to see my friend Maddie”

“True, but we’ll still have fun” Melanie laughed and said “Of course we will” and they left the shop,

Friday night Melanie wore a short purple dress for the party and met up with Conor and Ashley outside before they headed to the venue. At the venue a lot of guys tried to chat her up but she wasn’t having any of it, she noticed Conor with a blonde girl but she didn’t really stay to look she needed some fresh air so she went outside, she still hadn’t heard from Sean and it was getting depressing, two days without a text, bbm or call, she didn’t want to do either because it would seem that she was desperate for him to talk to her or something, she was just going to hold her head up high and hope for the best. Melanie danced for a while before heading back to her house, tomorrow would be a busy day.

Next day she was ready for her trip to Plymouth, she waited for Nahla and Camilla and when they came they hopped on a train. “So have you heard from Sean?” Camilla asked after they we're seated “No, why” Nahla then interrupted “Hold up, what do you mean has she heard from Sean” Melanie was silent “Well if you're not gonna tell her I will......she slept with him when he came to see her” Nahla turned to her “She’s joking right”

 “No she’s not and besides I don't wanna talk about it” Camilla then said “You can't avoid it forever, and what the hell he can't just use you as a one night stand, last I heard he was dating this chick named Kate or something like that....” she saw Melanie’s expression fall “At least that’s what Justin said, but that was weeks ago, don't mind me”

 “You're right, I might have been a one night stand” Nahla then fixed the situation “You could never be a one night stand to anybody Melanie, you're too good for that and we both know it” she smiled and Camilla changed the topic.

At Plymouth College, they went to the admin and found out where Maddie was staying, but when they got there it was awfully silent, when they opened the door they found Maddie crying “Oh my God babes, what’s wrong” Melanie said but Maddie being emotional as she was cried harder, Nahla rubbed her back and coaxed the story out of her “It’s Carlos” she began, Melanie rolled her eyes she should’ve known that would be what Maddie was crying about “What did he do?”

 “I think he wants to break up with me”

 “How can you be so sure” Camilla said “Well normally when we speak he’s so happy to talk to me but lately he’s been distant and today he didn’t even say I love you” and she burst into fresh new sobs, Nahla continued rubbing her back and Melanie said “Don’t worry babe, he’s my brother I'll talk to him and see what’s up, in the meantime get dressed we're taking you out for lunch” she gave a watery smile and stood up to fix her face. After she was done they went to McDonald’s for lunch.

Sunday, Melanie was exhausted from her trip to Plymouth the previous day but she made it an obligation to go into London and find out what was up with Carlos for Maddie. When Melanie got home the house was open meaning Carlos was definitely at home, she made her way up the stairs to Carlos’ room but what she was about to see was not a sight you would walk into everyday, it was Carlos in bed with another girl Melanie recognized to be one Samantha Hathaway she went to school with, she gasped “Carlos!! What the hell” and he quickly jerked up and turned around to see her standing in the doorway “Mel, a little privacy please” she scoffed “That’s the last thing I’d give you today” she pointed at the girl “Could you excuse us please, I’d like to have a little chat with my brother.” Samantha left and closed the door behind her “You know you're not being fair to Maddie right, the girl was crying her eye’s out  because she’s scared you're gonna break up with her” he sat up in bed, but didn’t say a word he just kept on listening to her “She loves you more than you can even imagine, how would you think she would feel, if she walked into this Carlos” he finally spoke “Shattered” “Worse than shattered, for Christ’s sake Carlos, Samantha! Even I wouldn’t stoop that low, everyone knows she’s a whore, if you wanted to have sex it would only take you about two and a half hours to get to Maddie and I'm sure even you can hold your urges for that long” “Look it was a mistake”