Chapter 10

Melanie came back on the 9th of September, the day before she was to start school at CCSS and her room was in a mess because she was trying to pack her stuff from one suitcase to another and then there was a knock on her door she tossed her hair that she had just cut to shoulder length and said “Come in” her three friends came into the room “Oh my God guys I missed you so much” she said Camilla had cut her black hair into a boob and Nahla and Maddie had curled theirs she touched Camilla’s hair which had always been long since they we're children “You cut your hair?”

 “You did too”

“But not as short as yours, what does your boyfriend have to say about this” “Surprisingly he loves it” she laughed “Talking about boyfriend’s where’s mine” Maddie said “Right behind you” Carlos said from the doorway she turned abruptly and kissed him “I missed you so much”

“I did too babe” “Well I was thinking why don't we all go for drinks since I’m leaving tomorrow, call Henrie, Justin and Sean  and tell them to meet us at the spot” Camilla looked at her and said “you want to invite Sean?”

“Yeah it would be sorta childish if I didn’t cuz I invited everybody else”

“True” so they called them and Melanie put on her coat and they headed out.

At the spot they we're all seated round a table and we're having a laugh, Melanie noticed that Sean had an new haircut and it suited him, Melanie then said “Maddie you should’ve seen how girls we're trailing behind Carlos at the beach in Florida they couldn’t get enough of him they we're drinking in his abs” he laughed and said “At least it was better than that Eric guy that you we're hanging around with”

 “Hey Eric was nice, he showed me around in his car”

“Yeah, cuz he wanted to get in your pants” she hit him on the back of the head “Not funny Carlos” “What? Just saying” everyone laughed and when they we're done with their drinks they stood up to leave “nice hair Melanie” Sean said “Thanks, yours too” “Well good luck in school, see you soon” she nodded and headed back home to finish packing by the time she was done, she fell on her bed and slept.

The next morning Melanie dressed up and looked around her room for the last time she then saw something on her bedside table, it was a picture of her and Sean, she took it and put it in her bed and then she dragged her suitcase down before going back to lock the door and say goodbye to Carlos “Hey I'm going” she said when she entered his room he stood up and hugged her “I'm gonna miss you sis” and she began to cry “Oh Mel, don't cry I'm gonna come visit soon enough ok?” she nodded and they went down the stairs, her dad was waiting at the foot of the stairs to hug her and when she went into his arms she began to cry again “Don't cry dear I'll come see you soon” she nodded and got in the cab with her mother.

At the school she finished her registration and everything else and then she headed to her house, she took her things upstairs and came back down to say bye to her mother “Don't hesitate to come home anytime you want, okay dear”

“Yes mummy” and she hugged her and went back upstairs. It took Melanie an hour to finish unpacking the last thing she did was put a picture of her and Sean on her bedside and then she drifted off in sleep.

Monday morning the first class she had was Art and Design she walked into the class and she sat next to a boy with brown hair “Hi” he said as soon as she sat down “I’m Conor Quinn”

“I'm Melanie, nice to meet you”

“Nice to meet you too, you from around here?”

 “No, I live in London you?”