Chapter 14

Melanie and Steve went to the bowling alley that was close to Steve’s house “I must warn you, I don't really know how to bowl” Melanie said and he laughed “I'm not really good either, but we can both give it ago and we’ll see who flops first. They both tried their best to bowl but Steve was much better than Melanie who kept on rolling the ball in the wrong direction and Steve kept on teasing her because he could do it better. After two rounds they sat down for drinks and hotdogs “So how come you cancelled on me earlier?” she hated bringing up Sean “A friend came into town from London and he had to go back early and you're here in Cambridge so I thought it was better for me to hang out with that person since he doesn’t live here” “He?”

 “Yeah we went to school together and I hadn’t seen him in ages so he thought it would be nice to come visit” the lie came out smoothly and she was shocked at herself that she could lie to someone so easily. “So do you wanna go now or are you up for another round?” she laughed “Your on dude, don't be shocked if I whoop your ass this time” he smirked “If you say so.” In the end Melanie won and she was ecstatic “You see, I told you I would whoop your ass” he smiled “Nah I just let you win because I could see how much effort you put”

“Whatever.” Steve walked her back to her house “So I guess I'll see you Monday morning in class” she said when they got to the door “Yeah, have a nice weekend”

“You too” and he left.

That night Melanie was in her room skyping with Camilla when her phone rang, she checked the caller ID and saw that it was Sean “Hey....I’m ok what are you doing...Oh cool tell them I saw hi and I can't wait to see them....Yeah, yeah....ok see you when I come next” Melanie plugged her phone back and turned back to her computer “What was that all about?” Camilla asked “Oh nothing he just called to check on me, you know” “Oh, ok...anyways what did you do today?” “Went bowling with Steve”

“Wait; hold up...Who the hell is Steve?”

“Oh, he’s like this transfer student that’s in my class”

“And you guys went bowling?”

“Yeah, come on babes I was bored and Conor and Ashley we're busy so he asked me to go and I said yes, please don't fuss”

“I wasn’t fussing, I'm just saying be careful cuz you and Sean just got back together and your relationship is kinda fragile atm so just like control the way you hang out with the Steve guy ok?” she nodded “Well got to go babes, long day tomorrow, I'm going shopping with Conor”

“Aite night”

“Night.” After shutting down her laptop Melanie sat down on her bed and thought about what Camilla had just said, she was right her and Sean’s relationship was fragile and instead of messing around with Steve she should at least try and make it work out “Ugh I need to talk to Conor” she muttered to herself, before she knew it she had drifted off.

The next day Melanie and Conor we're shopping “Melanie!!”

“What?!”

“That’s like the fifth time I've called you” she sighed “Oh sorry, was just thinking”

“Mind telling me what’s going on” she sighed again “Well basically, you know Sean and I just got back together and our relationship is kinda fragile and yesterday I was hanging out with Steve and all then I was talking to Camilla about it last night and she was like I should spend more time trying to fix my relationship instead of hanging around with Steve.” He was quite for a moment before he said “Ok to be honest, I don't see any reason why you shouldn’t hang out with Steve, unless you like him that is and then Camilla has a point there” she was silent “Well do you?”